Common Assessment Tasks
Common Assessment Tasks (CATs) assist the college to ensure consistent and quality content delivery and assessment of curriculum across classes.
- In Years 7-10 there are up to four CATs per subject per semester
- Tasks vary in nature across subjects but have consistent form, assessment criteria, preparation and timing within specific subjects.
- Clear information is given regarding:
- the learning intention
- task details
- assessment criteria
- the due date
- A phone call or written explanation must be provided if students are absent the day a CAT is due and the CAT must be submitted on the day of return.
- The completion of CATs form a significant part of the assessment cycle and the satisfactory completion of all subjects. If a CAT is not completed, parents/guardians are informed and a ‘CATch-Up’ session is scheduled. Parents will be informed about CATs completed to an unsatisfactory standard. Parents can check the result of CATs via Compass and are encouraged to contact teachers to discuss concerns.